Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Block Print cards...

Here are a few types of "blocks" available to carve for block printing - top left to right:
Golden Lineoleum; Soft Kut Block [my favorite], Wonder block - cork with less binder
Michael's soft block, DB Blue easy cut lineoleum
I purchase materials at http://www.dickblick.com/









I printed 8 of my carved blocks yesterday - making about 10 prints each in a couple of hours... problem was where to stack them to dry!  Brayer rolling water soluable ink on plexiglas...

Echinicia design is carved in Golden Leneoleum, goldfish is Soft Kut Block and the other fish is Wonder block...

I don't have a printing press and use a baren to hand rub inked block to paper... next step - pulling the print [pull paper off the block]
 I also inked some Maple leaves and printed them on the Mulberry block printing paper...
I used the glue that I use to adhere my Sumi-e to cardstock but it was too wet and made the water soulable ink easy to move...  today I used a spray adhesive - smeely but got the job done quickly without making the card stock too wet...  I usually purchase card stock from Paper Zone and its heavier weight than the blanl cards from Jo Anns...  So I have 50 cards adhered...
just need to print an info label, place that on the cards and bag them....  next stop Traditions!

No comments: