Saturday, August 23, 2008

Current Exhibits and an Award




Maritime Fest Art Exhibit August 21-September 14, 2008

Great Blue Heron was accepted into Maritime Museum Art Exhibit. They remodeled part of their building on Dock Street in Tacoma and have a really nice "gallery" meeting room area. Maritime Fest is next weekend so the work remain on view till Sept 14th.

Puyallup Fair Fine Art Exhibit - September 5-21, 2008

I had to go pick up my 2 declines from Puyallup today but I got a letter indicating Panacea [a collage] was awarded an honorable mention - that was a collage that I created using lino block print of a horse. I had taught a lino Block Printing class in late June. Panacea and Minstrel were entered into the 2008 Equine Art exhibit at Emerald Downs in Auburn, WA.


As far as the two declines at the Puyallup Fine Art Exhibit, I was surprised that Horse Gambado was declined but judging is all so subjective.

Four of my pieces are on display:
Dragonfly Dreams and Panacea - collages
Fall Equinox Night and Merge [2nd showing] - miniatures




My new work will soon be listed on the "shop the frontier" website -last night I filled out online forms to list my watercolor pencil work that they accepted... sumi-e hasn't been selling. I hope the colored work draws people in. Prices reduced - Check for sumi-e bargains.

No comments: