Friday, March 5, 2010

Chair Affair Fundraiser - Tacoma Art Museum

Thursday night was the NW Furniture Bank fundraiser at the Tacoma Art Museum. Over 300 guests and artists were present at the lavish affair...  I went to the event with Judy Cook who also prepared a chair.  Even though my chair only had one bid in the silent auction - some chairs had none and some quickly went for the value set by the artist. 
My chair was named Cat Zen... the painting on the silk was not how I imaged it but the chair looked nice... it was more subtle than I intended.

Dear Chair Affair Artists -



Thank you for contributing your time and efforts to create the wonderful chairs that were the backbone of our event last night. I loved meeting most of you, and watching people delight in the variety and creativity of the chairs offered. Some chairs sold with one bid, some with a guaranteed bid - but ALL were an important part of the overall auction.

It was a fun and exciting evening, and I hope you were able to also catch the vision for the work of the NW Furniture Bank which was the beneficiary of the proceeds. I have not heard the final numbers, but I know that we funded hope and furniture for MANY MANY families last night.

We look forward to doing this again next year! We certainly would appreciate any ideas/suggestions you may for have for next time, and thank you again for your chairs!! You will be receiving a receipt for your donation in the near future.

No comments: