Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Intuition - The Galery at Towne Center Announcement



The Gallery at Towne Centre Presents:

Intuition
January 7 – February 28, 2010
Artist Open House Thursday, January 14, 5-7 p.m.



December 11, 2009, SHORELINE, WA – Intuition has been defined as “understanding without effort.” An artist’s intuition can then be described as an effortless capturing of the world transformed into art. Artists Judith Heim (watercolor/ink), Ellen Miffitt (collage) and Rick Scott (photography) will present their intuitive artworks at our new gallery show, Intuition, which opens January 7 at The Gallery at Towne Centre. Join us on Thursday, January 14 from 5-7 for a special artist open house. This is your opportunity to meet the artists, ask questions about their art and enjoy some refreshments.

About the Artists:

Ellen Miffitt – www.nine-lives-studio.com
Ellen Miffitt brings over thirty years of artistic experience in the arts to her personal expression and art instruction. After moving to the Pacific Northwest, she started painting sumi-e with Fumiko Kimura and registered “Nine Lives Studio” in Oct of 2002. “As an artist I am constantly involved with that process of transformation: spirit to image on paper, mixing papers to create new textures, combining a variety of papers to create collage. The idea of mixing and blending different materials is exciting and a natural extension of sumi for me. Embossing metal to create texture, modeling Precious Metal Clay to make jewelry and exploring other media are an outlet for my creativity.”



Judith Heim – www.judithheim.com
Most of my paintings are not premeditated. They start out as amorphous shapes of wet color. As I see subject matter emerge, I delineate it. Most of my imagery is influenced by the unseen world around me, the collective unconscious, and natural forms. I decided early on, that I did not want my art to be a noun. I like to create visual metaphors and maybe even a dangling participle or two! I see it as a spontaneous celebration of the journey.


Rick Scott – www.photographybyrickscott.com
What an amazing experience to be able to express and share concepts, ideas and views through my images. While challenging, it is an extremely rewarding experience. I have been fortunate to be able to share my work in galleries, public and private showings and private collections. My work has taken me across the US, Canada, Europe and Asia creating compositions in which I attract the viewer into the work using light, color, shape, form and texture.


The Gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday 12-5 on the lower level of the Lake Forest Park Towne Centre. The address is 17171 Bothell Way NE, Suite A-141, Lake Forest Park, WA 98133. For information on the Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council call 206-417-4645, see www.shorelinearts.net or e-mail info@shorelinearts.net.

The Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to nurture all of the arts in the community through programs and events, arts education, advocacy, and support for artists and arts organizations. Proceeds from the Gallery at Towne Centre help fund these programs and events.

No comments: